RV series Characteristics
- RV – Sizes:–150
- Input Options: with input shaft, With Square flange,With Input Flange
- Input Power 0.06 to 11 kW
- RV-Size from 030 to 105 in die-cast aluminium alloy budy and over 110 in cast iron
- Ratios between 5 and 100
- Max torque 1550 N.m and admissible output radial loads max 8771 N
- Aluminium units are supplied complete with synthetic oil and allow for universal mounting positions, with no need to modify lubricant quantity
- Worm wheel: Copper (KK Cu).
- Loading capacity in accordance with: ISO 9001:2015/GB/T 19001-2016
- Size 030 and over are painted with RAL 5571 blue
- Worm gear reducers are available with diffferent combinations: NMRV+NMRV, NMRVpower+NMRV, JWB+NMRV
- NMRV, NRV+VS,NMRV+AS,NMRV+VS,NMRV+F
- Options: torque arm, output flange, viton oil seals, low/high temperature oil, filling/drain/breather/level plug,Small gap
Basic models can be applied to a wide range of power reduction ratios from 5 to 1000.
Warranty: One year from date of delivery.
|Output Speed Range:
|Output Shaft Dia.
|Applicable Motor Power:
|With Inline AC Motor
|With Square flange
|With Input Shaft
|With Input Flange
ZheJiang CHINAMFG Drive Co.,Ltd,the predecessor was a state-owned military mould enterprise, was established in 1965. CHINAMFG specializes in the complete power transmission solution for high-end equipment manufacturing industries based on the aim of “Platform Product, Application Design and Professional Service”.
Starshine have a strong technical force with over 350 employees at present, including over 30 engineering technicians, 30 quality inspectors, covering an area of 80000 square CHINAMFG and kinds of advanced processing machines and testing equipments. We have a good foundation for the industry application development and service of high-end speed reducers & variators owning to the provincial engineering technology research center,the lab of gear speed reducers, and the base of modern R&D.
Quality:Insist on Improvement,Strive for Excellence With the development of equipment manufacturing indurstry,customer never satirsfy with the current quality of our products,on the contrary,wcreate the value of quality.
Quality policy:to enhance the overall level in the field of power transmission
Quality View:Continuous Improvement , pursuit of excellence
Quality Philosophy:Quality creates value
3. Incoming Quality Control
To establish the AQL acceptable level of incoming material control, to provide the material for the whole inspection, sampling, immunity. On the acceptance of qualified products to warehousing, substandard goods to take return, check, rework, rework inspection; responsible for tracking bad, to monitor the supplier to take corrective measures
to prevent recurrence.
4. Process Quality Control
The manufacturing site of the first examination, inspection and final inspection, sampling according to the requirements of some projects, judging the quality change trend;
found abnormal phenomenon of manufacturing, and supervise the production department to improve, eliminate the abnormal phenomenon or state.
5. FQC(Final QC)
After the manufacturing department will complete the product, stand in the customer’s position on the finished product quality verification, in order to ensure the quality of
customer expectations and needs.
6. OQC(Outgoing QC)
After the product sample inspection to determine the qualified, allowing storage, but when the finished product from the warehouse before the formal delivery of the goods, there is a check, this is called the shipment inspection.Check content:In the warehouse storage and transfer status to confirm, while confirming the delivery of the product
is a product inspection to determine the qualified products.
|Hardened Tooth Surface
|Worm and Worm Wheel
Can a Worm Gearbox be Used for High-Speed Applications?
Worm gearboxes are generally not recommended for high-speed applications due to their inherent design characteristics. Here’s why:
- Efficiency: Worm gearboxes tend to have lower efficiency compared to other gearbox types, which means they can generate more heat and experience more energy loss at high speeds.
- Heat Generation: The sliding contact between the worm and worm wheel in a worm gearbox can lead to significant friction and heat generation, especially at high speeds. This heat can cause thermal expansion, affecting the gearbox’s performance and longevity.
- Wear and Noise: High speeds can exacerbate wear and noise issues in worm gearboxes. Increased friction and wear can lead to faster degradation of components, resulting in reduced lifespan and increased maintenance needs.
- Backlash: Worm gearboxes may have higher backlash compared to other gearbox types, which can impact precision and accuracy in high-speed applications.
While worm gearboxes are more commonly used in applications requiring high torque and moderate speeds, they may not be the best choice for high-speed scenarios. If high-speed operation is a requirement, other gearbox types such as helical, spur, or planetary gearboxes are often better suited due to their higher efficiency, lower heat generation, and reduced wear at elevated speeds.
How to Calculate the Input and Output Speeds of a Worm Gearbox?
Calculating the input and output speeds of a worm gearbox involves understanding the gear ratio and the principles of gear reduction. Here’s how you can calculate these speeds:
- Input Speed: The input speed (N1) is the speed of the driving gear, which is the worm gear in this case. It is usually provided by the manufacturer or can be measured directly.
- Output Speed: The output speed (N2) is the speed of the driven gear, which is the worm wheel. To calculate the output speed, use the formula:
N2 = N1 / (Z1 * i)
N2 = Output speed (rpm)
N1 = Input speed (rpm)
Z1 = Number of teeth on the worm gear
i = Gear ratio (ratio of the number of teeth on the worm gear to the number of threads on the worm)
It’s important to note that worm gearboxes are designed for gear reduction, which means that the output speed is lower than the input speed. Additionally, the efficiency of the gearbox, friction, and other factors can affect the actual output speed. Calculating the input and output speeds is crucial for understanding the performance and capabilities of the worm gearbox in a specific application.
How Does a Worm Gearbox Compare to Other Types of Gearboxes?
Worm gearboxes offer unique advantages and characteristics that set them apart from other types of gearboxes. Here’s a comparison between worm gearboxes and some other common types:
- Helical Gearbox: Worm gearboxes have higher torque multiplication, making them suitable for heavy-load applications, while helical gearboxes are more efficient and offer smoother operation.
- Bevel Gearbox: Worm gearboxes are compact and can transmit motion at right angles, similar to bevel gearboxes, but worm gearboxes have self-locking capabilities.
- Planetary Gearbox: Worm gearboxes provide high torque output and are cost-effective for applications with high reduction ratios, whereas planetary gearboxes offer higher efficiency and can handle higher input speeds.
- Spur Gearbox: Worm gearboxes have better shock load resistance due to their sliding motion, while spur gearboxes are more efficient and suitable for lower torque applications.
- Cycloidal Gearbox: Cycloidal gearboxes have high shock load capacity and compact design, but worm gearboxes are more cost-effective and can handle higher reduction ratios.
While worm gearboxes have advantages such as high torque output, compact design, and self-locking capability, the choice between gearbox types depends on the specific requirements of the application, including torque, efficiency, speed, and space limitations.
editor by CX 2023-10-10